An interesting week last week with Aston Villa and Hull providing opportunity for double gains. Unless you were the gambling type, I imagine most bets were hedged on the key Aston Villa players. While the returns weren’t huge, they weren’t bad either and will probably have justified any points spent in transfers.
It was a slightly above average week for me, not helped by going for Ashley Young as captain. Just 12 points from him as he got just a solitary bonus point. The league lead is 39 with three weeks left, and Sportboy P (remember him?!) now takes up the chase.
Gameweek 35 Top Gun (aka Tom Cruise Approves):
Two midfielders got 15 points this week; James Milner and Matt Taylor. Milner scored once and got six bonus points last week while Taylor got into double figures for the first time this season through two goals and three bonus. He has been a little underwhelming in 2009/10 but still has eight goals and three assists.
Elsewhere Charles N’Zogbia got himself 13 points against Arsenal while six players scored eleven. Of those the most interesting was Gareth Bale. After not scoring for over two years, he now has two goals in two weeks.
Three Captain Picks:
1. Lampard/Chelsea – A home game against Stoke should be easy pickings for Chelsea. Stoke are still rubbish away from the Britannia and I’m sure Ancelotti will be looking for a response from his team after last week’s debacle against Spurs. Drogba picked up an injury during the defeat and may not be fully fit, thus possibly creating an opportunity for Lampard to run the show.
2. Arteta/Everton – A home game against Fulham is no doubt tough but Roy Hodgson has gone on record as saying that the Europa League is now his priority. Everton are in good form and should probably win against a Fulham side in the middle of a European semi-final against Hamburg. Arteta is back from injury and scored last week.
3. Van Persie/Arsenal or Adebayor/Man City – Hate each other, face each other this weekend at the Emirates and will both be super motivated to be the match-winner. Van Persie has home advantage but may not start. Adebayor will get royally booed with every touch but is match fit and has the benefit of facing Silvestre and Campbell.
Three Suggested Transfers In:
It’s all about form players right now.
1. Bale/Spurs – Obviously he’s been excellent in the past two weeks with 20 points but looking further back he’s been consistently good since regaining his place in mid-January. 85 points since gameweek 22 plus two matches coming up next week.
2. Players with something to play for – Whether that’s from teams who are relegation threatened, fighting for titles or simply those after personal gain like World Cup selection – now is the time to go for motivated players ahead of those whose season has ended.
3. Craddock/Wolves – 25 points in his last four games.
Three To Avoid:
1. Wigan players – Beat Arsenal last week so judging by how their season has gone will probably lose against West Ham this time round.
2. Terry/Chelsea – Out this week through suspension and generally not playing well.
3. Arsenal goalkeepers & defenders – Not that you’d have one!
Tags: 36, Adebayor, Arsenal, Arteta, Aston Villa, Bale, captain, Chelsea, craddock, dunne, europa league, Everton, Fabregas, Fantasy Football, fantasy Premier League, Fulham, gameweek, goose, Lampard, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Milner, N'zogbia, Rodallega, Rooney, Spurs, taylor, tom cruise, top gun, Van Persie, World Cup, Young